Why choose us for your wedding
At The Beauty Hub, we’re a team of experts in Wedding Makeup and Bridal Hair with over 15 years of experience in making weddings extra special. We handpick our artists for their amazing skills and professional experience, making them leaders in making brides look stunning on their big day.
- We have over 10 Artists on our team so can cater for any numbers and at multiple locations.
- A consistent, reliable service.
- We go above and beyond helping you with not only Hair and Makeup, but the timing for your day, wedding tips and tricks based on our many years of experience. This is all included in our service and at no extra charge.
LASTLY, Your WEDDING is in safe hands
We understand that unexpected situations can happen, but rest assured, we’ve got you covered. In the rare instance that an artist falls ill or faces an unforeseen circumstance, our team setup ensures that your wedding day plans remain intact. Our plan guarantees that you will not be left without an artist on your special day. We’re committed to ensuring a seamless experience, no matter what, so you can relax and enjoy every moment without worry.
How to have a seamless wedding booking
1. BE PREPARED:
We want to ensure that you have the necessary information before your booking. This information is included in your invoice. Make sure you have read it. Here is some important information you have to take note.
Please read your booking confirmation email to ensure all the details are correct. If you haven’t already please arrange your deposit to secure your time slot and so we can release your Artist to travel – all these details are in your Invoice email, with the invoice attached to that email.
Please arrange a space near natural light if possible. A kitchen table is a great place and with a bar stool if you have one? (Bathrooms or Bedrooms are not good as it is best to not have artificial/dim lighting) Please have no makeup on & clean bone dry hair. Unless you have specifically booked a Blow Dry which is an extra service – then please have clean wet hair, when your artist arrives.
2. EXPRESS YOUR PREFERENCES:
We are here to bring your vision to life! Please discuss your preferences, any specific styles you have in mind, and also just as important what you don’t like. Plus don’t be shy to speak up about any adjustments you’d like during the session, your feedback is invaluable!
3. BE HONEST:
If at any point during your session, you feel that something isn’t aligning with your expectations, please let your artist know immediately. They are more than willing to make adjustments to ensure your complete satisfaction. Please don’t be shy and let your Artist know immediately.
At this end of your session please let your Artist know if you’d like to change or tweak anything, these are usually simple changes that can be made, so please don’t be shy and let us know on the spot, as we are more than happy to make any changes for you so you love it!
4. SHARE INSPIRATION:
If you think the style you’re after might be a little different from a stand style, please feel free to email us your inspo pictures a few days before your booking so we have a heads-up. Otherwise, please bring along reference photos or examples that inspire your look. This helps our Artists understand your vision better, and ensures we can create a look that suits you perfectly.
5. HOW DO I MEET MY ARTIST:
- For Hotel or Apartment Bookings – please meet your Artist in reception/at the front door of the Building.
- For Bookings at your Home – please ensure any security gates are open and provide parking inside your property if possible please.
- We don’t share our staff’s mobile numbers so, in case of any urgent concerns, feel free to call/text our Office Mobile 021-502.555, and we will be happy to assist.
- PLEASE NOTE – if you are late due to traffic, flight delays, etc. we maybe fully booked and therefore will only be able to complete what we can in the time left in your time slot. If we do not have a client straight after you, and our Artist is able to extend your time slot, then waiting time is charged at $100 per hour.
- We are a mobile service, and every attempt is made to arrive on-time, and pre-empt traffic conditions, however we maybe a few minutes either side of your booking start time due to traffic/incidents out of our control. If your Artist has not arrived on-time please text 021-502-555 with your Name and we will let you know their ETA. We recommend you allow a buffer time when booking your time slot so you are not rushed.
6. ASK QUESTIONS:
If you have any questions or uncertainties about the process, products, or anything else related to your session, don’t hesitate to ask. Our artists are here to provide guidance and clarity.
What time do you need Makeup and Hair FINISHED by?
After 20+ years of Weddings we recommend this is 1 hour before you need to walk out the door, this allows a buffer time, time for getting dressed, and photos so you are not rushed.
Are all the images on your website of work the Team have actually done?
Are all the images on your website of work the Team have actually done?
What Makeup Brands do you use?
All our artists carry a range of product, as different products are often more suited to different clients. However, some of our artists stock mainly 1 brand ie. mainly MAC, or for the ‘mineral’ makeup lovers Jane Iredale.
Do you have a Travel Fee?
There are no additional travel costs if your location is within a 15min drive from your closest local Artists “base”. If you are outside 15mins then Travel Time/Costs are $1 per km/return.
If all the Artists in your area are already fully booked at the date/time you are requesting, then we will send an Artist into you area, in these cases Travel Time/Costs are $1 per km/return, and we will advise you of the cost at the time of booking.
For all inner city Hotels/Locations parking time/costs are charged at a standard $30 per Artist, unless you advise us you have Free parking available.
For all other travel outside Auckland or to Waiheke Island please see our ‘Destination Weddings’ section.
How long does Makeup and Hair usually take?
For all other guests (or occasions) we like to allow 1 ½ hours.
Times may change depending on the styles you have chosen, but rest assured, all our Artists are professionally trained to work to a time schedule that has been designed around your day.
Do I need a Trial?
We suggest you collect photos of styles you like to show your Artist. Pinterest is a good start to search for hair and makeup styles. We can then discuss these with you and suggest what would suit your personal features, the style of your wedding, and your dress, before we start. Then together we can design your dream look.
For our International brides flying into New Zealand we can arrange a skype call to discuss plans with your artist if you are limited with time and won’t be able to fit in a trial prior to the wedding.
When should I have my Trial?
Trial times are allocated for 2 hours maximum.
We suggest if you can coincide your trial with your hen’s night, dress fitting or a special occasion to make the most of getting done up. We have an amazing team that you will love spending time with, so make the most of the trial time to express what you really want, but most importantly have fun!
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes, to confirm your date, time slot and Artists we require a deposit, with the balance due on the wedding day in cash or eftpos. The deposit amount is different for each client as it depends on the number of services/number of Artists/location etc. Once your booking has been booked into our system we will email you an invoice which includes your deposit amount and the balance due on the day. Please note your booking is not confirmed until we receive your deposit.
Can you cater for large weddings?
We have a large team of 15 Artists, plus more part-time Artists if needed, that can cater for large weddings, to have you all ready on time.
Plus we can arrange extra Artists for additional family, friends, and guests at different locations. (Fun facts – our largest wedding was 24 x Bridesmaids and our largest Corporate Booking in 1 day was 120 x People!)
Do I need to buy a lipstick or powder for touch-ups?
What other important information you should share before booking your wedding?
- Letting us know your nationality?
- Would you prefer an Artist who has experience with certain features, eg one of our Asian specialists? Or I want full Glam it’s an Indian Wedding.
- I need to change outfits and want my Artist to come back later in the day to change my Makeup and Hair slightly.
- I need another Artist to go to my Partners Family’s side to do their Makeup and Hair on the day.
Our goal is to have a fun, seamless, stress-free and enjoyable wedding day. We truly value your input and aim to make your wedding booking a memorable one, and understand communication is key to achieving this.
Should you have any further questions or concerns before your appointment, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we are here to assist you with any questions!
The Beauty Hub Team x